A Victorian Christmas at York Castle Museum
Journey back in time to discover how Christmas was celebrated over 150 years ago on Kirkgate; the ideal backdrop for a month of Christmas festivities, music and cheer.
A Victorian Christmas
Take a stroll over the cobbles of our twinkling Victorian street – Kirkgate – and experience the true magic and traditions of days gone by.
A Father Christmas Experience
- Meet Father Christmas and discover the magic of Christmas past.
- Enjoy evenings with Father Christmas, a truly unique experience as part of the best Christmas in history – new for 2018!
A Christmas Carol
Back by popular demand, come and join actor Chris Cade as he entertains the crowds throughout the day, with his one-man show under the garlands of Kirkgate.
Performances on 8 and 9 December and every day from 15 December until 24 December inclusive. Included in museum admission.
For our opening times over Christmas and much more, download our A Victorian Christmas at York Castle Museum leaflet.
Sold Out: An Evening with Ebenezer Scrooge
Please note: tickets for this event have now sold out.
14 December, 7pm-9:30pm
Walk along the cobbles of Kirkgate at York Castle Museum for an immersive and intimate production that will bring the magic of a much-loved Dickens classic to life.
On the 175th anniversary of the first publication of A Christmas Carol, find the true meaning of Christmas with Ebenezer Scrooge.
Tickets for adults are £20 and include a mince pie, and a glass of mulled cider or a soft drink.
18+ Not suitable for children. Bah Humbug!
- Award-Winning Victorian Christmas Now Open at York Castle Museum
- Flags Marking End of First World War Rediscovered 100 Years on
- The Award-Winning Victorian Christmas at the Castle Returns This Year
- Come “Speed Dating” to See Which Objects You Fall In Love With
- York Museums Trust Want To Hear From You About the Future of York Castle Museum
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.