A Victorian Christmas
Don’t miss this ever popular and award-winning experience celebrating the true magic of Christmas past…
Take a stroll over the cobbles of York Castle Museum’s twinkling Victorian street, Kirkgate, and experience the true magic and traditions of days gone by.
Journey back in time to discover how Christmas was celebrated over 150 years ago on Kirkgate; the ideal backdrop for a month of Christmas festivities, music and cheer.
Walk under the beautiful garlands, enjoy the intimate glow of our decorated Christmas trees, listen to carols, meet our Victorian residents and discover original Victorian Christmas gifts displayed in the shop windows.
See the Period Rooms decorated in traditional festive style and follow the tempting aromas to our working studio kitchen, where you will learn about traditional Victorian gingerbread recipes and perhaps even have a try!
We also have a Christmas trail for you to enjoy. Please note: this isn’t available on the dates when Father Christmas is visiting the Museum.
A Victorian Christmas is open daily from 9.30am – 5pm, Saturday 17 November – Monday 31 December 2018.
Please note that we’ll be closed on the following dates and times:
Closed: 25, 26 December and 1 January.
Early closing at 2.30pm: 24 and 31 December.
The prices for A Victorian Christmas are:
- Adults: £11 (with a 10% Gift Aid Donation) / £10 (without a 10% Gift Aid Donation)
- Child (16 and under 16): Free with a paying adult
- Adult with a YMT Card: Free
- Access Day Ticket: £5.50
- York resident: £8
- Registered carer accompanying a disabled visitor: Free (please note that evidence may be required)
Please note: ticket price does not include a visit to Father Christmas.
Buying Your Tickets
You can buy your tickets online prior to your visit, or at admissions on the day.
Meet Father Christmas
Come and meet our award-winning Father Christmas and discover the magic of Christmas past… Find out more.
- Award-Winning Victorian Christmas Now Open at York Castle Museum
- Flags Marking End of First World War Rediscovered 100 Years on
- The Award-Winning Victorian Christmas at the Castle Returns This Year
- Come “Speed Dating” to See Which Objects You Fall In Love With
- York Museums Trust Want To Hear From You About the Future of York Castle Museum
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.