Meet Father Christmas at York Castle Museum 2018
17 November – 24 December 2018
A Father Christmas Experience
Meet Father Christmas and Discover the Magic of Christmas Past
Take part in our special Christmas trail, join in with festive activities, including gingerbread making demonstrations and craft activities, which lead to an unforgettable visit to Father Christmas.
Join us in our Elf School where Father Christmas will be waiting with a traditional gift and some Christmas sparkle.
This fun festive event takes place 10am-4pm on the following dates:
- weekends from Saturday 17 November until Sunday 23 December
- Tuesday 11 and 18 December, with special activities also available for Under 5s
- Friday 21 December and Christmas Eve*
*early closing at 1pm
Visits to Father Christmas
Due to popular demand all visits to Father Christmas will be in groups of 3 – 4 families.
Father Christmas will be taking well-earned breaks throughout the day, at the following times:
- 11.30am – 12 noon
- 1.30pm – 2pm
- 3.30pm – 4pm
Buying Your Tickets
You can buy your tickets online prior to your visit, or at admissions on the day.
Please note: our museum is accessible to wheelchair users except for the upper floors of the historic buildings. Some areas may also be difficult for people with visual impairment. For further details, please see our access page.
- Adults: £13 (with a 10% Gift Aid Donation) / £11.82 (without donation)
- Access Day Ticket: £7.50
- YMT Card Adult Ticket: £3
- Child (16 and under 16): £7*
- Registered Carer Accompanying a Disabled Visitor: Free (please note that evidence may be required)
Your ticket includes:
- admission to A Victorian Christmas
- Christmas trail
- Christmas crafts
- a visit to Father Christmas
- one traditional gift per child
Please arrive early to guarantee your visit to Father Christmas.
* Older children who do not wish to see Father Christmas do not need to pay £7, but will instead pay the YMT Card Adult Ticket price of £3. This includes the other aspects of the experience.
Buy Your Tickets Online
Click here to buy your tickets online.
A Victorian Christmas
Take a stroll over the cobbles of our twinkling Victorian street – Kirkgate – and experience the true magic and festive traditions of days gone by. Find out more.
- Tea-United: Teapot to Mark Reunion of Long Lost Siblings Features in Exhibition of Broken Relationships
- Culture Café: Building Bridges on Brexit, One Brew at a Time
- New Chair of Trustees Appointed at York Museums Trust
- RIBA Stage One Design Team Announced For York Castle Museum Major Redevelopment
- Rare Jigsaw of Europe to Feature in Exhibition About Broken Relationships
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.