York Castle Museum Presents…A Christmas Spectacular on Kirkgate
We are delighted that York Castle Museum will reopen for A Christmas Spectacular on Kirkgate from 2 December 2020!
Step out of the cold and into a magical snow-covered world where Christmas comes alive at York Castle Museum.
On selected dates until January 3 2021
Adults £10 / Children £8
Book tickets here!
Snow has fallen on the famous Victorian street, Kirkgate, transforming it into a glistening stage where large-scale projections dance across the walls, bringing to life famous characters from the Nutcracker.
Oversized Christmas decorations, Nutcrackers, ballerinas and toy soldiers adorn the street and merry music plays, immersing you in a new and truly unique Christmas experience on Kirkgate. Please arrive 10 minutes before your slot.
Why not expand your visit and book onto our ‘Traditions of Christmas Tour’! On selected dates in December – come and take a stroll through Christmases past as we reveal the fascinating stories behind some of our most famous and much loved festive traditions. Find out more here.
- This is a 35 minute experience. Once your timed session has finished you will leave the Victorian Street and then the museum. The rest of the museum is not open unless through other guided tours.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your timed slot to be checked in.
- There will be refreshments available in the café for takeaway.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Please note there will be some kaleidoscope lighting effects used in this event.
- Our shop will be open to buy Christmas treats.
- Please book one ticket per person – children under 3 don’t need a ticket.
- Please be aware that because of the new restrictions in York, you should only book up to six tickets for people who are part of your own household or support bubble. If you reside in a Tier 3 area, for the safety of everyone, we advise you not to book tickets and adhere to the Government Covid-19 rules and regulations.
- We would ask that visitors wear a face covering when visiting the museum.
- Please read our refund policy here.
- When booking your tickets please select the amount of tickets needed for your whole group. If you cannot select the full amount of tickets required then unfortunately there are not enough tickets available.
- If you’re late for your timeslot, unfortunately we won’t be able to guarantee entry. This is to help us keep the tours running on time and to keep everyone safe by maintaining visitor numbers at the required levels.
- Please have your printed ticket or QR code on your device ready to show staff.
- We have made some changes at the museum to make your visit as safe and as relaxing as possible. This means that some things may be different than you’re used to. Please follow the advice and guidance of our Visitor Experience Team, who will be happy to answer any queries.
- Please follow social distancing and government guidelines.
Please note that if you reside in a Tier 3 area, for the safety of everyone, we advise you not to book tickets and adhere to the Government Covid-19 rules and regulations.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.