Fashion and Textile Curator led Tour
From caps to corsets, and from gowns to children’s clogs, every object has a story. Join Dr Faye Prior from York Castle Museum, as she introduces you to some of these fascinating stories while on a journey through 400 years of fashion.
Based in the Fashion gallery of Shaping the Body, the talk will reveal the hidden histories of some of the gorgeous garments on show. It will focus on star objects from the displays, plus several hand-picked treasures brought out specially from the museum store.
Although social distancing means we can’t handle the objects, you will be able to view some up close. There will be seating provided so you can choose whether to sit or stand.
Upcoming dates: 20th May
Please note that this tour is stairs access only and is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your tour time to be checked in.
Please note that due to the current government guidelines York Castle Museum is operating guided tours only at the moment, this means that your tour ticket does NOT admit you to the rest of the museum.
- Come and explore York Castle Museum with the experts!
- York Castle Museum in search of most memorable COVID-19 objects
- York Museums Trust statement in support of The Rowntree Society
- York Museums Trust to receive £423,000 from Government’s Culture Recovery Fund
- Making Invisible Women Visible - Herstory.York partners with York Museums Trust to highlight women’s lives whose stories have not been sufficiently told