Café 68 at the Castle Museum
No museum visit is complete without a visit to Café 68 at the Castle! We serve delicious lunches, home-made cakes and our own house blend coffee with a range of options for special dietary requirements.
Our menu is perfect for filling hungry kids and grown-ups. Some of our favourite dishes include:
- Various light sandwiches
- Delicious scones freshly baked every morning
- Fresh hot food specials, served with vegetables or fresh leaf salad
- Children’s boxes with a selection of yummy treats
- Gluten-free, nut-free and dairy-free/vegan options available daily
Our menu changes regularly so there’s always something new to try.
We have huge windows looking out onto the Eye of York and Clifford’s Tower – one of York’s most famous views – and on sunny days you can sit outside. It’s a brilliant spot to watch the world go by and recap on your favourite bits of the museum!
We are family-friendly, with comfortable access for pushchairs and free highchairs – please just ask a member of staff. Our popular kids boxes offer a hearty and healthy lunch for little ones, and we cater for special dietary requirements too. Toilets with baby changing facilities are located close to the cafe on the ground floor.
You are also more than welcome to just visit the café without paying admission to the museum, and don’t forget you can receive 10% off our prices with your YMT Card. We also do hot drinks and some food to takeaway.
York Castle Museum are proud to host Café 68 – make sure to visit their other great sites in York.
- Theatrical Performance and Exhibition Commemorate the Life of Lawrence Rowntree and the 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Passchendaele at York Castle Museum
- Double Discount Shopping Day at all of our sites for YMT Card Holders on 15 July 2017
- York Museums Trust Successful in Arts Council England Bid
- York Museums Trust’s Open Weekend
- York Museums Trust Phone Lines Repaired
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.