Cafe 68 at the Castle Museum
No museum visit is complete without a visit to Cafe 68 at the Castle! We serve delicious lunches, homemade cakes and our own house blend coffee with options for special diets and kids.
Our menu is perfect for filling hungry kids and grown-ups. Some of our favourite dishes include:
- Various light sandwiches
- Delicious scones freshly baked every morning
- Fresh hot food specials, served with vegetables or fresh leaf salad
- Children’s boxes with a selection of yummy treats
- Gluten-free, nut-free and dairy-free/vegan options available daily
Our menu changes regularly so there’s always something new to try.
Our cafe is open daily and closes at 4.30pm.
We have huge windows looking out onto the Eye of York and Clifford’s Tower – one of York’s most famous views – and on sunny days you can sit outside. It’s a brilliant spot to watch the world go by and recap on your favourite bits of the museum!
We are family-friendly, with comfortable access for pushchairs and free highchairs – please just ask a member of staff. Our popular kids boxes offer a hearty and healthy lunch for little ones, and we cater for special dietary requirements too. Toilets with baby changing facilities are located close to the cafe on the ground floor.
You are also more than welcome to just visit the cafe without paying admission to the museum, and don’t forget you can receive 10% off our prices with your YMT Card. We also do hot drinks and some food to takeaway.
- Berwick Kaler Oversees the Installation of His Pantomime Dame Glitterball Dress in the Shaping the Body Exhibition
- Tea-United: Teapot to Mark Reunion of Long Lost Siblings Features in Exhibition of Broken Relationships
- Culture Café: Building Bridges on Brexit, One Brew at a Time
- New Chair of Trustees Appointed at York Museums Trust
- RIBA Stage One Design Team Announced For York Castle Museum Major Redevelopment
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.