How to Find Us
York Castle Museum takes approximately 20 to 25 minutes to walk to from York Railway Station – follow the green pedestrian signs to the ‘Castle Area’.
The nearest bus stop is on Tower Street where the number 3 bus stops. This is within 150m (164yds) of the museum. There are several other bus stops nearby. For more information visit www.itravelyork.info/buses.
You might also want to make use of the city’s park and ride service.
The nearest car park is the Castle car park next to Clifford’s Tower. For more car parking information visit www.yorklive.info.
- Come and explore York Castle Museum with the experts!
- York Castle Museum in search of most memorable COVID-19 objects
- York Museums Trust statement in support of The Rowntree Society
- York Museums Trust to receive £423,000 from Government’s Culture Recovery Fund
- Making Invisible Women Visible - Herstory.York partners with York Museums Trust to highlight women’s lives whose stories have not been sufficiently told