A Kirkgate Christmas Tale
Step foot into a Christmas tale at York Castle Museum this winter and rediscover all the magic of the season!
On selected dates between 13th November 2021 and 3 January 2022
Adults: £13, Child: £6.50, concessions available
Our famous Victorian Street, Kirkgate, will be transformed into a glistening snow-covered ‘stage’ where spectacular large-scale projections present a very special Christmas story full of festive cheer!
As the theatrical curtain rises, colourful animations of Victorian puppets Annie and Tom will go on an adventure to bring the magic of Christmas back to Kirkgate.
Merry music will fill the air and lights will adorn shimmering trees to immerse you in a truly unique experience at this most wonderful time of year.
For any D/deaf, hard of hearing or hearing-impaired visitors, we will have a British Sign Language interpretation for ‘A Kirkgate Christmas Tale’ on 19th December between 1-4pm and 23rd December 4-7pm.
- Build your dream castle in the York Castle Museum BRICKLIVE play pit this Easter!
- New community exhibition in partnership with HERSTORY.YORK to open at York Castle Museum
- York Museums Trust announces move of CEO Reyahn King to a new post at National Trust for Scotland
- Staff health and wellbeing shown to be at the heart of York Museums Trust. All staff to benefit from a week’s holiday in early January and encouraged to rest and recuperate
- York Museums Trust partner with award-winning House of Memories to launch new app to help those living with dementia