YMT Card Holder FREE
Adult (with 10% Gift Aid Donation) £12.00
Adult (without donation) £10.90
Child (16 and under*) FREE with a paying adult
Student/Young Person**: £8.40
York Resident (with 10% Gift Aid Donation)*** £9.60
York Resident (without donation)*** £8.72
Visitors on Universal Credit*** £6.00 / FREE for York Residents on Universal Credit
With a YorkCard 20% off day tickets
*Up to four children free per one paying adult. Additional children of any age will be charged at £4 per child.
**For those aged 17-24 or in possession of a valid NUS card.
***York residents must be able to demonstrate that they live within the City of York Council local authority boundary by providing a recent Council Tax statement, a valid YorkCard from an Explore library, a York student ID card or similar.
If you or any of your party have an additional need that you feel may affect your visit, please talk to our Visitor Experience team when you arrive as you may be eligible for a discounted entry rate.
Book Your Tickets Online
Don’t miss out and pay your admission online.
We offer free admission for the below. Please note that a valid card or proof of identity will be required in most circumstances.
- Carers who are accompanying a disabled visitor
- Blind or partially-sighted visitors
- York Pass holders
- York Museums Trust staff, Trustees and volunteers
- Blue Badge Guide
- Museums Association Card
- ICOM (International Council of Museums) staff
- NMDC (National Museums Directors council) staff
- GEM (Group for Education in Museums) staff
- York members of the Association of Voluntary Guides
- MAX Card
- Visit York Tourism Partners
- Visit York VIP Pass
- Museum and gallery employees for organisations included in the NMDC Reciprocal Free Admission Scheme
We offer a range of booking options, workshops, and downloads for school groups, ESOL visitors, adult groups, and groups with additional access needs – please click the links to find out more.
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.