Exhibitions — Index
Shaping the Body: 400 Years of Fashion, Food & Life
An iron corset, crotchless pantaloons from the time of Jane Austen, bum rolls and a killer dress all feature in this major exhibition charting the way fashion, food and fitness have shaped the body over the last 400 years. Find out more.
1914: When the World Changed Forever
The terror of total war and its revolutionary impact on life around the world is explored in this major exhibition marking the centenary of the First World War featuring objects from our military, costume and social history collections. Find out more.
Kirkgate: The Victorian Street
Our world-famous Victorian street reopened in June 2012 with more to see and explore of the life of the rich and poor – with new backstreets, authentic York businesses and thousands more goods on display. Find out more.
Take a trip back to childhood and rediscover some of your favourite toys in our popular exhibition. Bikes, bath toys, computer games, Lego and beautiful handmade dolls are among the toys on show from the last 150 years. Find out more.
York Castle Prison
York Castle Museum is housed in 18th century prison buildings. Now you can get a flavour of what life was really like in the original cells and see some of the most infamous inmates brought to life in this fascinating exhibition. Find out more.
This exhibition uses fascinating and iconic objects from our social history, art, fashion, military and astronomy collections to bring back the atmosphere of change which swept over the country during the 1960’s. Find out more.
- York Museums Trust partner with award-winning House of Memories to launch new app to help those living with dementia
- York Museums Trust invites York’s Hull Road residents to delve into the past in new community research project
- A Kirkgate Christmas Tale at York Castle Museum
- Lockdown artwork by Asylum Seekers to go on show in new display opening at York Castle Museum
- York Museums Trust invitation to tenders