We have a large selection of miniatures, often handmade and for a variety of purposes.
Miniatures have always held a fascination over the centuries – they have been found in archaeological digs in Egypt and China and have been used as good luck talismans or amulets.
The charm bracelet is a good illustration of this, only becoming an article of fashion when popularised by Queen Victoria. The images below include examples from across our collection, showing how miniature versions can be made of just about anything!
Please note: York Castle Museum is home to an extensive and varied collection of items and artefacts. Whilst we make every effort to display a broad spectrum of our collections it is not always possible for all our collections to be on display at once. Please check the latest exhibitions to find out what collections are currently on display or contact us on 01904 687687.
- New Chair of Trustees Appointed at York Museums Trust
- RIBA Stage One Design Team Announced For York Castle Museum Major Redevelopment
- Rare Jigsaw of Europe to Feature in Exhibition About Broken Relationships
- Visit York Museums Trust sites for Free This York Residents Festival
- Award-Winning Victorian Christmas Now Open at York Castle Museum
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.