HELP CREATE YORKSHIRE’S LARGEST COVID-19 TIME CAPSULE
The highs, the lows, the memorable and the mundane – York Castle Museum is inviting people to contribute to Yorkshire’s largest Time Capsule to document their thoughts on living through a pandemic for future generations.
In March 2020 social distancing regulations were brought in to force across the UK to manage the spread of the virus COVID-19. These measures have had a profound impact on the way we live our lives.
York Castle Museum is the home of the National Collection of Everyday Life. Today we are inviting you to work with us to enrich our collection by capturing your experiences of living through the COVID-19 pandemic.
We want you to record and share your everyday personal experience of and reactions to the COVID-19 lockdown to help us create Yorkshire’s largest COVID-19 time capsule.
This project is for everyone. You can capture your own experiences, as a household, or with your class at school or nursery.
How will it work?
Your project will be made up of a series of activity tasks that we have set you. You can choose which activities you complete and how you complete them.
All of the activities can be completed using a smart phone or a computer and we ask you to upload your completed activities through a link we will send you so that YMT can keep a digital version of your time capsule.
Alternatively, you are welcome to create a physical record instead which you can bring in to York Castle Museum when we re-open.
If you do not have an email address, please call 01904 687687 and we can post a copy of the project to you.
For more information you can contact us at email@example.com
- Build your dream castle in the York Castle Museum BRICKLIVE play pit this Easter!
- New community exhibition in partnership with HERSTORY.YORK to open at York Castle Museum
- York Museums Trust announces move of CEO Reyahn King to a new post at National Trust for Scotland
- Staff health and wellbeing shown to be at the heart of York Museums Trust. All staff to benefit from a week’s holiday in early January and encouraged to rest and recuperate
- York Museums Trust partner with award-winning House of Memories to launch new app to help those living with dementia