HERSTORY.YORK – 100 Women Changemakers
Opens 9 March 2022
Included in admission
York Museums Trust are excited to be partnering with community history project, HERSTORY.YORK (herstoryyork.org.uk), to bring a new exhibition to York Castle Museum. Funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund and York Rotary, the exhibition will open during York International Women’s Week. It will celebrate 100 inspirational women who, from 1918 to 2018, have made a difference to the city of York and whose stories have not been told or only partially told. This will be showcased through a series of stories, images, community loans and related objects from the York Museums Trust collection.
The partnership between HERSTORY.YORK and York Museums Trust began last year as the Trust was keen to support the local project with its historical research. This new exhibition will allow visitors to experience the vast and insightful research in a dynamic and inspiring way as part of their visit to York Castle Museum.
- Build your dream castle in the York Castle Museum BRICKLIVE play pit this Easter!
- New community exhibition in partnership with HERSTORY.YORK to open at York Castle Museum
- York Museums Trust announces move of CEO Reyahn King to a new post at National Trust for Scotland
- Staff health and wellbeing shown to be at the heart of York Museums Trust. All staff to benefit from a week’s holiday in early January and encouraged to rest and recuperate
- York Museums Trust partner with award-winning House of Memories to launch new app to help those living with dementia