The Tiger Who Came To Tea
10 September – 6 November 2022
An exhibition from Seven Stories, The National Centre for Children’s Books
Included in general admission
A new exhibition celebrating the work of one of Britain’s best known children’s author–illustrators Judith Kerr is coming to York Castle Museum. From 10 September 2022, ‘The Tiger Who Came to Tea’ will fill our community space, exploring Kerr’s life and creations, and marking the 50th anniversary of the much-loved classic.
Originated by Seven Stories, the National Centre for Children’s Books, ‘The Tiger Who Came to Tea’ exhibition features high quality facsimiles of Judith Kerr’s original illustrations from the Seven Stories collection and promises to bring this delightful book to life for a new generation of family audiences. Alongside facsimiles of original artwork, notes and sketches children will enjoy stepping into Sophie’s kitchen to have tea with a life-size tiger!
To mark the arrival of this inspiring exhibition, York Castle Museum have teamed up with Hoglets Theatre to offer a range of free family friendly activities including early years interactive storytelling and story writing workshops for older children. With further opportunities to have Breakfast with the Tiger, there will be something for the whole family to enjoy!
- The Tiger is Coming To Tea at the York Castle Museum
- Free events to evoke memories, stories and connection in York
- New for Summer 2022, visit York Castle Museum's exciting new display 'Mechanical Marvels'!
- York Castle Museum partners with York City of Sanctuary and Clifton Green Primary School to welcome Ukrainian refugee families to York
- Build your dream castle in the York Castle Museum BRICKLIVE play pit this Easter!